Wednesday, October 29, 2008

A General Sense of Impatience

Oh hey, did you know there are things going on this week that aren't the World Series? I know, I forgot too. Like, oh, the election, that thing I've been obsessed with for at least a year already. Unfortunately for me and other Phillies fans, however, the general sentiment for the two most important events of my year (possibly my life) are the same: AGHHHHHH!!!!!!

Let's just do it already! Can we please just play the game already? Can everyone just vote now? I feel like a kid trying to sleep on Christmas Eve or a college-bound kid slogging through his last semester in high school. Actually, it really feels like studying for a big test like the LSAT, where you obsess yourself over it for months and know everything you can know and prepared as much as you can prepare and then you hit a wall and are like COME ON, LET'S JUST DO THIS THING. But then you have to wait for another week until you can actually just get it over with.

Larry David had a great short piece last week about this exact feeling. If you are feeling the same way I am, you will read this and say "Yes, that is my life, thank you."

Also, last night on the Daily Show, Wyatt Cenac did a bit on Election Impatience, this terrible disease that will last 6 more days, no matter what we do.

No comments: