Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Obligatory First Post Blah Blah Blah

I've been considering the possible topics for my first post here for a few days now and I've not come to any good conclusions. I started to write some things about antidisestablishmentarianism, but that ever so clever Bill Kristol beat me to it.

But in all seriousness, I feel the need to explain why I'm writing a blog, as if having one in the first place is not narcissistic enough. I'm just hoping to have a place to write because, given the current climate of absurdity, sometimes it's just nice to ground my thoughts in writing and then launch them out into the infinite abyss of the internet. In an effort to quell my growing need to join the national conversation, I recently started posting some things on my favorite blog, Talking Points Memo, and have found the process personally rewarding. So there's that.

I hope the blog will over the next few weeks develop a more refined focus with regard to topic, but my intention right now is just to talk about things I care about, namely: politics, gossip, Philadelphia sports, and my evolving twenty-something life.

Oh and ps: the title is a reference to the word in the English language I hate the most, that is the most overused and misused word. Ever. My thoughts on this topic are best expressed by the amazing David Cross.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY! A Caitlar blog!