Friday, September 19, 2008

Phils Hold On


So the Phils continue to hold on to the lead in the NL East with a 4-3 win against Atlanta last night. Awesome. Although I am pleased, it's a cautious excitement because the Mets are still only .5 games back.

We were at the Mets game last night here in DC against the Nats. The Amazing Mess won 7-2, which I think was the score when we left at the top of the 8th inning. I love going to Nationals Park because it's a beautiful new stadium, but last night was frustrating. Forget the fact that I was starving and could not seem to get a hot dog and a beer for what seemed like an hour. The difficulty in going to Nats games is that when you're not watching the game (and say, standing in line for a half hour to get a gd hot dog), you can never tell what's going on in the game because more often then not, the loud cheering is for the Away Team. In last night's case, obviously, it was the Mets and god knows I hate nothing more than good luck for the Mets. Oh, I'm totally aware that this very same scenario also applies when the Phillies are in town, and then it's absolutely acceptable that the Phillies fans out-number the Nats fans. I never said I was a reasonable sports fan.

Anyway, since we were at the Nats game, I did not get to see the Phillies game, but I did hear that a certain someone hit a 2-run homer to (maybe) pull him out of his slump. Way to go, Batty.

Also, I'm purposely not talking about this.

No comments: