Friday, October 3, 2008

Initial Thoughts on the VP Debate

If you see the post below, you know that I was watching the Phillies from about 7pm on last night. The VP debate started at 9 and they overlapped a little. Now, like most folks, I like to drink beer while watching sports, so I was in a special state when the debate came on. I definitely knew what was going on and could process some of it. My analysis skills at that point were less than sharp, however. I think my first reaction to the whole thing was "Why is everyone talking so fast?!"

I've been watching clips of the debate this morning and reading other analysis and transcripts, so I will have somewhat intelligent things to say about it a little bit later today. But I thought I would share with you some of the gchat conversations I had last night during the debate:

10:04 PM Friend 1: she is kicking ass
seriously
KICKING ASS
enough said
x-(
me: yeah, if she answered the questions she was asked
also, wow, she didn't throw up on herself
way to go
10:05 PM Friend 1: one quick study
10:07 PM me: i mean, of course i'm on the i agree with what i already believe team
i'm also a little drunk from watchign the phillies game
Friend 1: i know that was the shit
victorino!!!
10:08 PM me: fuck yeah!
seriously!
ahhhhh the phillies are so awesome
lol
who woulda thought? brett myers---great batter?
wtf
Friend 1: i know
10:09 PM 19 pitches in the first 2 at bats
me: i get so nervous
"team of mavericks"
Friend 1: haha
such bullshit
me: i'm sorry, i really can't stand her
10:10 PM like anythign that comes out of her mouth
such bullshit
Friend 1: yea but she's good
10:12 PM
Friend 1: ask palin what article 1 is
bitch
10:19 PM me: anyway, i really have no idea what's going on
everyone is just talking so fast!
Friend 1: haha
its a really good debate
all around
me: i need keith olberman to tell me what i think
10:20 PM lol
Friend 1: no
he's a blowhard
me: i'm just kidding!
Friend 1t: funny, but a blowhard
me: totally
and a di a
diva
Friend 1: indeed
me: at least biden didn't seem like a condescending woman hater
10:21 PM wait
was that an attempt to choke up?
oh joe
10:22 PM Friend 1: i think he honestly choked, but not because of what he was saying
me: yeah, but...wow
lol
Friend 1: guiliani, romney, mccain and lieberman is not a diversity party
10:23 PM me: it's a country club
10:24 PM except lieberman (he's a jew...i don't know if you know)

Another Conversation:

me: shoot me
Friend 2: not watching it
me: let me tell you, being drunk for the debate is not good
10:19 PM everyone is talking so fast!
10:21 PM these are the last remarks
10:22 PM and joe biden just attempted to choke up
like, cry
Friend 2: weird
me: i knwo
talking about his wife and daughter who died
10:23 PM Friend 2: well i hope he could cry about them
me: i mean, of course
but in response to palin talking about being a mom
10:24 PM i definitely need to sleep on this debate
it's all so confusing!
you're lucky you're not watching
10:25 PM
the phillies won!
lol

No comments: